Sunday, April 25, 2010

Spring has Sprung

Twice a day, rain or shine, we walk the dog. She's not that picky, the first walk is sometime between 8am and noon, depending on our plans. We are far from a family of routing. The second walk has been known to occur at midnight, if say, I have gone to a mom's night out, but but, because I'm a mom, I have to stop on the way home to get milk then walk the doggy. It's really dark then. I don't mind, though, it's a great time to catch up on my favorite podcasts. Although I have found myself walking into tree branches as I blind myself reading the iPhone.

What a pleasant feeling, though, when we manage to get the walkies in before the kids go to bed, so after bedtime we can choose to watch TV, work, empty the the dishwasher, fold the laundry...wait, got a little of track there. Anyway, now that it's getting dark later here are some of the sights I get to see on the early walks.

Roses sure our popular out here in the bay area. I miss the roses from our old house, but get to see a multitude of colors and sizes around here.

I have yard envy here, what a beautiful front yard. This photo does not do it justice.

I've caught glimpses of the first daffodils, one of my all-time favorite flowers. I remember planting those every year as a child and eagerly awaiting them to burst out of the ground.

This, though, the site I came home to find. It's sure hard to beat that one, sorry flowers.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment