Friday, July 24, 2009

Coconut Water, a Miracle Drink

I finally bought myself one of those young coconuts, the kids wanted to try coconut water and they'd been beckoning me from Whole Foods.

Well, in my search for a recipe I discovered what this stuff can really do for you.
Properties:
  • The plain tender coconut water is unctuous

  • Sweet in taste

  • Aphrodisiac

  • Cooling

  • Light to digest

  • Pitta & Vata doshas

  • Increases the Agni

  • Cleanses the urinary bladder

  • Coconut water is a mild diuretic

  • It can easily replace saline solution when needed

  • Refreshing

  • Reduces the heat of the body
  • Rehydrating

  • Rich in mineral salts

  • Improves mental concentration

Indications:
  • Coconut water is good for jaundice

  • Urinary diseases

  • Urinary stones

  • Pimples

  • Measles

  • Prickly heat

  • Heat boils

  • Sun burn

  • Itching

  • Cancer

Despite it's seemingly miraculous health properties, thought this "liquid endosperm" (does that not sound disgusting) would be delicious in a tropical drink, but of course forgot to get pineapple. Discovered this simple recipe of coconut water and rum, and the taste totally brings me straight to a barstool on a rickety bar on a small tropical island. The fact that I'm watching Mamma Mia! doesn't hurt.

It's a simple recipe, 2oz rum, 4oz coconut water. Some pour a bit of coconut milk on the top, I just mixed in the yummy coconut meat.

Cheers!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment