Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Loss of Maddie

Recently a well-loved mommy blogger, Heather Spohr, lost her sweet little girl, Maddie. Like many who felt her loss I never met this darling little girl, but she was a blogger on SV Moms and my heart goes out to Heather and her family. I can't imagine how they feel, and am hugging my own babies tight every day and hope they are always with me.

I am so amazed, however, by the outpouring of support among the blogosphere. It is truly heartwarming. Lately I have been asked by so many people, from my mechanic to my co-workers, about twitter, and blogging, and how and why they are used. I never had a problem coming up with examples and reasons companies or individuals use these means of communications, provided I am not speaking to the experts. But this gathering of support, money for the family and raising more than $20,000 for the March of Dimes is a heart wrenching and a heartwarming story that really shows the power of the Internet.



In lieu of flowers, the family has asked that donations be made to the March of Dimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment