Thursday, December 4, 2008

How to really feel the pain at the gym


I started my daily workouts yesterday, a mere 1 1/2 weeks after I added "workout" to my calender for every weekday at 11:45pm. Fortunately it's a slow week since the timing was more like 12:30 or 1, but at least I started going. So if you too want to get a workout going and really feel the pain, here's what you can do.


Step one - 20 minutes on the step machine followed by 100 crunches in various positions. My legs felt fine, stomach was quite sore this morning.


Step two - read Fussy's blog (you should really be doing that anyway), subscribe to a funny sounding podcast she listens too (I think it was her, and if so, it's got to be funny) and finally get around to downloading it to your iPhone.


Step three - on day two as you begin "running" on the elliptical start listening to the very first podcast, even though these things (things being free podcasts by loser sounding guys) usually take time to get really funny. Suddenly find yourself doubled over with laughter and severe cramps and muscle pains of your overworked and underutilized tummy as you listen to three guys talk about walking around all day at work with a loofah the size of a softball in your back pocket. Fortunately I was the only one there, or I might have been embarrassed.


I continued laughing, but not quite to the point of incapacitation, although definitely out loud as I did my sit ups. Hope the other woman didn't think I was laughing at her.

1 comment:

  1. I totally know what you mean about that back to working out hurt. I'm gonna have to get back to it soon.

    Thanks for visiting Triangle Mamas. We hope you'll visit again soon.

    ReplyDelete