Saturday, May 3, 2008

Meeting Maria Shriver


mariashriver 002
Originally uploaded by wksocmom
I had the great fortune to meet the gorgeous Maria Shriver and listen to her talk about her new book "Just Who Will You Be?" I even got it signed. This opportunity came about through the Silicon Valley Moms Blog (thank you, again) and it was a lovely event. There was also tastings of her new yummy ice cream, Lovin' Scoopful, that benefits the Special Olympics. and I swear I bought two 1/2 gallons of that later that night.

Many, many woman have written wonderful posts so I'm not going to try to do this event justice here. True to form I was late so missed a lot of her speech. Ironically I was coming from work, and I did catch some great advice about not trying to balance it all, and having "one wild and precious life," which is from a poet. I could not exactly relate to a question about living with a high-powered husband, although my husband is certainly following his passion, and I do think about that for myself. I just have to figure out what my passion is.

No comments:

Post a Comment