Sunday, March 30, 2008

I Need a Bigger Brain

Did you know Tom Hanks has a son who's an actor? Who knew? He's in this movie called Orange County and there are like a ton of funny actors that is (not him :) ... Jack Black, Ben Stiller, Catherine O'Hara, John Lithgow. I even notice that Chevy Chase and Lily Tomlin, but haven't seen them yet, but haven't seen them yet. I don't think I've seen any of the stuff he's in.

I think I've figured out my biggest challenge as a working mom. It's not a lack of time, it's a lack of space in my brain. I'm pretty sure pregnancy and kids did as much damage as any alcohol or drugs to my brain cells. Now I've got two hours free and I'm trying to figure out what I should do. Clean up, start some elaborate dinner (which I never get to do anymore), blog, do some much needed review for work, get rid of all the too small kid's clothes, figure out the kid's summer camp schedule, read, or just sit and watch TV. I've skipped the park cuz my allergies seriously cannot take the outdoors anymore (never, ever roll around in the grass with your kids when your allergies are at their peak). But that's just only one reason. I'd really love to go shopping with the newspaper's Macy's coupon, but I have no energy and even less money or need for more crap. So back to the first point, if I could get my brain working at a more efficient level I could come up with witty blog posts, perform better at work, think of new and interesting dinners and still feel like I'm imparting knowledge to my young 'uns.
Eh well (holy cow, it's Kevin Cline - who is NOT in this movie? - and his name is Murphy Skinner, which is my maiden name), I've babbled enough, must get to more productive stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment