Saturday, June 11, 2011

Cube Dog, a quick way to put a smile on your face



Thank you to Cube Dog for sponsoring this review. For more information about Cube Dog please visit the Facebook page or download it on iTunes.  They're having a fun contest that runs from June 13-17 so head over.

I've got a ton of apps on my iPhone, many downloaded by kids. I'm always up for something new for us to play with, well, especially them as we seem to get hooked (obsessed, addicted perhaps) with some of the games. They love puppies, they love iPhones so when I got a chance to review this a new app which combines the two I jumped at the chance. And oh what fun we had. I don't think I'll play with it as much as my new past time (Words with Friends, anyone?), but it's a blast and would have no problem with my kid toodling around with an online puppy - just so long as he remembers to feed his real live doggie.

The Cube Dog app lets you create these adorable robot looking doggies, and while there are several features to change, like color and eye shape, one great feature is you can shake your phone to see different combinations. Love the shaking. Once you create and name your dog you can have it phone you, throw a ninja star, and it will show it's little heart when you pet it. Ok, it showed my son a heart, with me it flashed an "I want to be alone" sign, sheesh. I forgave my little guy though, especially when he barked.

My favorite feature is you can take pictures, and not only from all different angles (the dog spins with the swipe of a finger), but combine it with a camera and you get different backgrounds. Here are a few I took.



It's fun, it's free (well, you can pay for some add-ons) and it'll put your kid back in a good mood when he's cranky, promise. There are a few hardware requirements, as you need one of the following:
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4
- iPod Touch 3rd generation
- iPod Touch 4th generation
and  they all require iOS 4.0 or higher. For a sneak preview check out this adorable video.




While Cube Dog provided me with the app to review, the opinions I've expressed here are solely my own and represent my honest viewpoint. Cube Dog, Clever Girls Collective and I promote Blog With Integrity.

No comments:

Post a Comment