Saturday, July 21, 2007

Who needs the Kwik-E-Mart? I Do

Some people wait in line for iPhones, others for Harry Potter. Me? Only the savvy marketing ploy by 7-11 and the new Simpson's movie is going to get me out there. Yes, folks, you can join the hordes of Google employees (because who wants to eat at their cafe when you can have 7-11 fare?) at your neighborhood Kwik-E-Mart in Mountain View.

Seems everyone wants to experience what Homer gets to do every day, shop at the Kwik-E-Mart. I finally got to stop over there today to stock up on heady goodness. Sure lots of stuff was sold out, but there were tons of pink donuts, Buzz Cola and the super sweet Blue Woo-Hoo Vanilla Squishees, mmm squishy! I actually only had to wait for a minute or so, but have heard the lines do get long. It was fun to see the characters, and signs, but since my cell-phone photos really can't do them justice follow this link for a good set.

The had deals like "Buy 3 for the price of 3." and "If you are not completely satisfied, we will begrudgingly refund your money." And of course there was Ralph with a Popsicle, Homer with his hot dog (where were there taquitos rolling next to the hot dogs?) and that old guy stuck in the freezer. There were also a group of rowdy young 'ens (okay, probably early 20s) in there just having a blast. One dropped her Buzz Cola to a round of "Doh's." I felt like such a mom, navigating my way around with my basket, buying stuff for my kids and husband. I did finish up the whole Squishee and a donut, whose pink frosting was actually too sweet for even my sweet-teeth.

So get over there before they close up shop, it's history. And here's a fun post about the Chicago Kwik-E-Mart in case our fellow Chicago moms can't get over there.

1 comment: